This week's post ,as said in the blog title, is MY TAKE on baking a Strawberry Sponge Cake, using a complicated Genose Sponge Recipe. Before I begin with the recipe, please read the following:
MY REVIEW FOR THIS SPECIFIC CAKE:
IT IS AT A HIGHER DIFFICULTY LEVEL. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT TESTED THIS RECIPE EVER, I WOULD SENSIBLY ADVISE YOU TO GO OVER THE STEPS SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY, POSSIBLY WITH A LITTLE ASSISTANCE, BEFORE YOU GO ONTO ACTUALLY BAKING THIS PARTICULAR CAKE. HOWEVER, IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE DARING AND LIKE TO TAKE A RISK OF BAKING THE CAKE FIRST TRY(LIKE HOW I DID), GO FOR IT! THERE'S YOUR FIRST AND FINAL WARNING!
To make this "Genoese Sponge", you'll need:
40g of unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
65g of plain flour, plus extra to dust
3 large eggs(4 medium-sized ones)
75g of caster sugar
1tbsp of cornflour
However, to make this a "STRAWBERRY SPONGE CAKE", you'll also need 100g of strawberries, diced without the leaves and 1/2 tsp of strawberry flavoring (optional)
• Grease two 18cm (7in) sandwich tins or one 18cm (7in) round, deep cake tin, base line with grease-proof paper and dust the sides with a little flour( I had attempted to base line the tin, however it was far too difficult and time-consuming so I skipped the skip).
• Put the butter into a small pan and heat gently to melt, then take off the heat and leave to stand for a few minutes to cool slightly.
• Crack the eggs and pour the sugar into a bowl (preferably a microwavable glass bowl) and, using a hand-held whisker, whisk until well-blended. Place the bowl over a pan of hot water (making sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water) and whisk until cool- WARNING: THIS WAS PROBABLY THE HARDEST STEP TO COMPLETE OUT OF ALL OF THEM. THEREFORE, BE SURE TO READ THIS STEP AGAIN CAREFULLY.
• Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven), Gas Mark 4. Sift the plain flour and cornflour into the egg bowl, then carefully fold in using a large metal spoon (trying to knock as little air as possible).
• Pour the melted and cooled butter around the edges of the mixture, leaving any butter sediment behind in the pan. Very lightly, fold in the butter until it has been incorporated into the mixture. Pour into the tin(s).
• Wish them luck before, baking in the oven for 25-30 minutes for the sandwich tins,or 35-40 minutes for the deep tin,until well risen and the cakes spring back when lightly pressed.
Loosen the cake edge and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Turn out and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
• Once completely cool, peel off the lining paper (halve the single cake) and sandwich together with jam and whipped cream (optional). Dust with icing sugar or glaze runny honey over the top and serve in slices!
• What the ending result should be are strawberries bits are seen everywhere inside the cake. If all the strawberry bits are at the bottom, this just means that you knocked out too much air when mixing.
Hope you liked this week's recipe (if so, +1 this post).
Before I end this post...
🎀 All your favorite celebrities are OBSESSED with Pokemon Go- GIRLS' LIFE
🎀 I had the "Pink Drink" from Starbucks Secret Menu. Tastes SO delicious and sweet!
🎀Snapchat is my new Google+! Yes
I finally have SnapChat! Although,I have not uploaded any pictures on SnapChat yet, there will be pictures uploaded in due time. Follow : @sweetreats/ BakingBoutique.
🎀 Check out BBB's end of our picnic collaboration by clicking here!
Stay tune next week (hopefully)!
Oh wow this looks super yummy darling!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much! It was super-tasty!ReplyDelete
Wow i think I'm gonna have to try this!! It looks so nice!!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much! Let me know when you try the recipe!ReplyDelete
#sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/
I actually hate berries (I know... what an odd person I am), but my sister loves them so she would love this cake!ReplyDelete
If I'm being honest, I had liked berries alot more when I didn't have braces then I do now with braces. I guess because they get stuck in my braces and it's difficult to clean away. However, this recipe has harmless to me as it's dried strawberries inside a DELICIOUS sponge.ReplyDelete
Ps: Thanks for your comment :)