Saturday 2 December 2017

Recipe Post 2017 N0.26- 2 months later...πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸŽŠ

Hey everyone!

First and foremost, thank you so much for the comments and love over at my last blog post-as always I absolutely appreciated it all. To be frank, I feel like I'm right back in the swing of this blog!

Moving swiftly onto this week's post, if you aren't aware, BakingBoutique had celebrated its 2nd birthday from what feels like a week ago but actually 2 months ago and now it's my turn! My birthday is tomorrow but as of today, I'm celebrating with a couple of friends at a resturant. But if you know me by now, you know I couldn't celebrate properly without baking a batch of cupcakes for my friends which is what I'm sharing with you today. They're SUPER EASY, and went down a real treat with everyone(no literally, EVERYONE loved them) so I'm passing my secret.πŸ˜‰

So without further ado, to concot this delicously delectable carrot cupcakes, you'll need the following:

3 medium-sized carrots, peeled and grated

100g of soft light brown sugar(as my usual suppliers was out of stock, I used demerara sugar instead which is just as good, in my opinion)

80g of unsalted butter, softened

80g of golden syrup(to save us all from excessive sweetness, I only used 60g of golden syrup-but don't worry, there were no malfunctions to the recipe).

2 medium eggs

150g of self-raising flour

½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda 


1 tsp of cinnamon

pinch of salt

For the yummy cream cheese icing(if you dislike cream cheese, I guarantee you won't actually taste the cream cheese):

50g of unsalted butter

110g of low-fat cream cheese(ok so the recipe said low fat but I brought FULL FAT cream cheese. Does that make a difference?Let me know in the comments below)

225g of icing sugar

1 tsp of vanilla extract

Directions:

Primarily, pre-heat your ovens to 180℃/160℃/ Gas Mark 4.

Line a 12-tin cupcake tray.

Within a large suacepan, combine the butter,sugar and golden syrup, melting together over a medium heat. Stir this to combine.

Once combined, remove from the heat. Subdquently, stir in the self-raising flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon, grated carrot and eggs. 

Mix the ingredients well until you have a smooth batter.

*at this point, the mixture will look kind of gross but don't be put off by this.

The recipe said to spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases but I'd recommend you POUR the mixture ¾ of the way full. Bake this for 20-25 minutes until risen and a cake tester comes out clean from the centre. 

Allow to cool on a cooling rack.

In the meantime, to prepare the cream cheese frosting, combing the butter and cream cheese together for around 2 minutes. Gradualy, start to slowly incorporate the icing sugar and vanilla extract. Be mindful when beating the cream cheese. OVERbeating the cheese causes the icing to turn floppy and runny.

Beat the icing sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Transfer the frosting into a piping bag with a fitted star nozzle.

Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the icing onto the cakes in a swirling motion. And volia! 

If you'd like, you could even garnish the top of the cupcakes with sprinkles, chocolate, desiccated coconut or whatever floats your boat.

Snapshots:

TO COME

Prior to this post ending:

Birthday shots:







I thought this idea was endearing: DIY Advent Calendar






























Song of the month: Madison Beer Dead

















Happy 2nd day of December!





















See you in my next one!😘

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your back into the swing of things with your blog :D I agree, I don't think I know anyone who doesn't like cupcakes ;) thanks for sharing the recipe & I had no idea riverdale season 1 boxset was out! I may need to get that purchased asap hehe :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back again! Great post as always :)
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete