Saturday 23 June 2018

Recipe Post N0.18- Easy Almond Cake(disclaimer to those with nut allergy)

What's up compañeros amigos!!!

First and foremost, welcome to yet another healthy bake and thanks for visiting!!

I'm glad to be back with a flavorsome, very palatable sponge cake, with a rich, unique yet delicately decadent flavour.  This recipe initially was sourced from one of Mary Berry's recipes however this recipe was further adapted by The Ordinary Cook. Moreover, I hope you enjoy my attempt on this particular cake and hopefully motivate you to have a good yourself!

You'll need:

175g of softened butter

175g of caster sugar

3 eggs

150ml natural yogurt

1 tsp almond extract

200g of ground almonds

100g of plain flour

1 tsp baking powder

25g of flaked almonds, for decoration.

Method:

Beat the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, whisking well between each addition. Add yogurt and the almond extract and beat well.

Add the ground almonds , flour and baking powder and fold in carefully.

Pour into a greased and lined 20cm cake tin and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.

BAKE in a preheated oven at 160℃/140℃ fan/ Gas Mark 3 for approximately an hour until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.

Photoshots:

 SOON COMEEE

Before you go:

One of the reasons why I've been particularly inactive on this blog is due to my expedition in DOE:


RIP X













Song of the month:

XXXtentacion-Look at me











YouTuber of the month:

MelaChild















10 things anyone who loves Tom Holland needs to see: 10x Tom was completely adorable













Dynasty Season 1 Episode 16 was TOO muchhhh!!!







❤❤















That's all from me! I expect to see you sometime soon.😊

#sweetreats xx


1 comment:

  1. I've never made an almond cake but this looks seriously delicious! My mum would love this for her birthday!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete