Saturday 12 March 2016

Recipe post NO.7- Mini Cherry and Almond Loaves!

Hiya everyone!

Thank you so much for your really kind comments last week.
As I said in last week's post, I am going to share the recipe on how to make mini cherry and almond loaves.

 I found this classical cake in a recipe book I was given on my 8th birthday! I find this relates to the season we're in now or quite close to- Cherry trees would blossom in Spring and there are cherries included in this cake. 

So, without further ado, here's how you make it:

For these spring-themed almond loaves,you'll need:

85g of lightly salted butter

70g of caster sugar                      
1 egg

1 egg YOLK (please try not to get the egg white in as well)

70g of self-raising flour

1/2 tsp of almond extract

55g of ground almonds

55g of natural glace cherries, roughly chopped

2tbsp of flaked almonds

55g of icing sugar

2 tsp of lemon juice

Method:

Before you begin adding ingredients, pre-heat the oven to 180c/350F, Gas Mark 4.

Start by placing the 12 section silicone mini loaf tray onto a baking tray. If you don't have these, just grease and baseline individual mini loaf tins.



Place the butter,caster sugar,egg and egg yolk,flour, almond extract and ground almonds in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth and creamy( I obviously use my free-standing mixer but if you like to mix the old-fashioned way with an wooden spoon, please do so). Stir in the glace cherries. 
  

Using a teaspoon, spoon the mix into the tray sections and level with the back of the spoon.

Break up the flaked almonds with your hands and bake in the 
pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until risen and firm to touch.


Leave in the tray to cool for five minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely. 

Beat the icing sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl and drizzle oven the cakes, with a teaspoon. Leave mini loaves to set.


 



And that's the recipe to making these very quick and simple bakes.

Do e-mail me to chocolatecupcakes08@gmail.com and let me know how you got in if you managed to bake this week's recipe on BakingBoutique. Or, comment below and let me know what you thought of this week's blog post. 

But for now...

Keep baking!

#sweetreats xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!!! I'm going to request something, hope you can do it... Please can you show your readers how to do fondant decorations on like a little cupcake? That would be an amazing help, I've got a birthday and thought of this idea xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah,sure! I'll post a blog post next week if it would be any help to you?

    #sweetreats xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look so yummy! Loving your blog xx

    ReplyDelete