Thursday 14 February 2019

Valentine's Special 2019πŸ’•πŸ’—πŸ’˜❤- Red Velvet Choc-cherry Cupcakes


Feliz dia de San Valentin❤❤πŸ’˜πŸ’—πŸ˜˜(I learnt this in Spanish class today)!

To anyone, whether your living your single best life(like moi✌) or in a loving, happy relationship, I hope to give you all a reason to get up from wherever you're sitting and getting actively baking and enhancing your baking potential😊. After all, Valentine's Day is Valentine's without something sweet :)

In order to whip up this unique, tasty form of cupcake, you'll need:

100g of butter, softened

140g of caster sugar

2 large eggs, beaten( I used 3 medium-sized eggs as I had no large eggs to spare)

225g of plain flour(I split this amount with spelt flour to give the cakes a different taste and a healthier alternative)

25g of cocoa powder


½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda

150ml of buttermilk(you can easily find this in any supermarket and it's so affordable- I only paid 50p and I brought mine from Waitrose)


28ml of red food colouring( I don't know roughly how much that is so I added 2-3 tbsp of red food colouring to the mix)

100g of glace cherries, roughly chopped, plus extra for decoration

For the icing on the cake😜:

150ml of double cream

140g of cherry conserve or jam, sieved

100g of dark chocolate, chopped

red icing or edible red glitter for decoration(optional)

How to make lovely cupcakes:

Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 180℃/160℃ fan/ Gas Mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases of your preference before beating together the butter and sugar together in a bowl.

 Do this with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Next, add in the eggs a little at a time, until fully incorporated.

Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and pinch of salt. Fold this in with a spatial until there are no remaining lumps in the mix. 

Finally, add in the buttermilk, food colouring and the cherries, stirring briefly to combine. Divide the batter among the cases and bake this for 20 minutes. The cakes are ready when they're well risen and springy to touch.  

Allow the cupcakes to cool slightly, before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.

In order to assemble the icing over the top, warm the cream and the cherry conserve in a small pan. Eventually incorporate in the chocolate, before removing from the heat.

Leave the mix for a couple minutes and then stir again until melted and combined. Tip the creamy mixture into a bowl and allow to cool completely. 

In about half an hour, the icing will have set to a spreadable consistency. 

Once cooled and thickened, spread the icing onto the cupcakes(or pipe if you'd like and I'll leave a link to my piping techniques below). Decorate this with a drizzle of red bedeazzle and top with half a glace cherry. And there's your delectable cake, which can be made for anyone and any occasssion but also happens to fall nicely into today's theme, which of course is Valentine's dayπŸ˜….

Depending on when I write up this post, photos will either be uploaded tonight or the end of tomorrow. 

Before you go...

Prepare yourself for more baking as I'll also be uploading a recipe on Saturday as wellπŸ˜…πŸ˜†

Also, here's my link to learning all the tricks when it comes to piping cakesπŸ˜…

Happy Valentine's Day once agaiin! Let me know what you're doing for Valentine's down in the comments below😊


Song of the month: Ariana Grande- Break Up with yo girlfriend, im bored



Check out Uchjn's very pinky and winky Valentine inspired makeup look!πŸ˜πŸ’—



Quote of the month(or more like the dayπŸ˜…)
I just thought this was a mood lolπŸ˜‚


How to make your own LUSH Shower Jellies 


*SPECIAL EDIITON* Woman Crush Everyday(this can be girls that inspire me or whom are beautiful, not that all girls aren't pretty but stillπŸ˜…)
















Ok I'm going to cut this post short for now as I'm writing this very lateπŸ˜΄πŸ’€.

Yet again, happy Valentine's and I hope you all have a lovely day/evening(depending on where you are in the worldπŸ˜…).

Ok now I'm rambling

*bye"😐

#sweetreats xx

7 comments:

  1. Obsessed! Red Velvet cupcakes are so delicious and also fairly romantic (for those of us with partners, i.e. not me) - this recipe sounds divine! Shocked the buttermilk has gone down to 50p - I used to have to make my own because I could never find it. Anyhow, this post has me drooling and its nearly midnight so that's not a good thing - thanks or triggering off my taste buds girl! x
    Marina Rosie x
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and I have tried to have him back but I could not, so I tried to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your ex back, and there I saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tied down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and I contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also re-unite your lovers' feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and do some other things. I can assure you he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

      Delete
  2. THhe cupcakes sound yummy! I like red velvet. :) I'm late seeing this but I hope you had a great Valentine's Day, and I like what you said about living your single best life!

    I like Ariana's Break up with your girlfriend too. I just her new album for my birthday. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.:)

    Zania
    x

    https://livingseasonal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious! I love red velvet, nice touch with the cherries too :p Thanks for sharing the recipe! :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I've never made red velvet cake before! I might have to give this recipe a go now that I've got more time on my hands since exams are done!
    Aleeha xXx
    https://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and I have tried to have him back but I could not, so I tried to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your ex back, and there I saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tied down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and I contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also re-unite your lovers' feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and do some other things. I can assure you he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

    ReplyDelete